Enterprise eCommerce Platforms: Market Share and Key Features You Should Know
Business needs vary depending on the size of the business and its scope of work. When a unique business grows into a large company that employs thousands of employees and earns seven figures, it should consider adopting an e-commerce system. So, what is enterprise ecommerce?
The enterprise ecommerce platforms is software that helps to fully manage business processes and business-related operations, both offline and online.
There are many options for SMBs, but larger companies may only have a limited number of e-commerce solutions that can meet their business needs. Good solutions should not be limited to business activities; they should include various business functions on one platform.
Therefore, inventory management and planning, accounting, customer relationship management, asset planning, marketing, reporting and analysis, and other functions appear under the umbrella of the solution.
If we consider enterprise ecommerce platforms market share, at the beginning of 2020, 45% of e-commerce software purchases are from companies (defined as companies with more than 1,000 employees) - which means it's time for companies to improve their e-commerce capabilities.
Benefits of Using Enterprise Ecommerce Platforms
Effective business e-commerce software has many features and business functions under its umbrella, providing tremendous benefits to companies that use it:
- Customer relations: Customer conversion and retention rates are high because the solution is user-friendly and reliable, and customers love to use it.
- Business performance: With a well-planned process, work processes and related expenses are streamlined.
- Decisions from data: Make decisions based on data, analysis, and information.
- Individual customer approach: The solution speaks to customers in the best possible way, knowing what they need and using recommendations and relevant content.
- Great customers: Regular users are approached through all appropriate channels.
- Brand presentation: A company creates, maintains, and reproduces its recognisable image.
- Technical skills: The business benefits from the best security capabilities and options and does not face limitations in product changes, security, traffic, etc.
- Near infinite scalability: The solution easily fits the needs of the company; however, they may be.
- Seamless integration with other system modules: Enterprise e-commerce software does not exist in silos; it seamlessly integrates with other solutions used by businesses.
Types of Enterprise Ecommerce Platforms
In addition to planning, companies must also choose appropriate hosting options. As an e-commerce solution company manages both the front end and the back end, the choice should be carefully thought out and considered.
There are hosting environment options for enterprise applications:
- On-site or on-site: Companies install their solutions on their servers and only for their use, which requires self-hosting and transfers the responsibility for the code to the server and the owner, providing great speed and scalability. Until recently, this was the most popular hosting option. depending on the cloud:
- An open source: With a highly collaborative model, one company owns the software code and controls the operation of the server and accepts redundant upgrades. As with home solutions, the business is responsible for software security and maintenance as well as IT department support, which involves a lot of money, risk, and time. At the same time, it provides endless customisation and flexibility.
- SaaS: This popular option allows companies to avoid large investments in cloud hosting, platform maintenance, security, etc. because it depends on the capacity. In this way, the responsibility for many technical aspects is transferred to others, reducing the risk and cost of the owner, while it deprives the company of full control over the code and backend.
The following structures also determine the type of e-commerce company:
- Monolith: The software has traditional architecture and integration, with the backend and front end.
- No need: A microservices-centric architecture abstracts the front end from the back end and allows them to be connected using APIs, encouraging flexibility, speed, and greater control. In e-commerce, this means that the system has all the required modules but is flexible and can provide a specific user experience. Now, the pointless solution is gaining ground.
Enterprise Ecommerce Platforms to Choose From
Here are a few of the biggest ecommerce platforms out there, and the reasons why you should be using them.
1. Shopify Plus
Fast and easy to get started: Shopify is a fully supported e-commerce platform, so you don't have to worry about coding your site's backend or managing your bandwidth.
- Wide range of Apps: Choose from 3,000 Apps to integrate with your online store to improve your website's performance in all aspects of e-commerce.
- Cheap: Shopify Plus is still a cheaper option than hiring a web development company, and you get excellent 24/7 customer support.
- Process 10,000 transactions per minute: Shopify Plus will keep your store running smoothly during peak sales.
2. Oracle Commerce Cloud
Oracle Commerce Cloud is a complete and scalable SaaS commerce application, delivered on the Oracle Cloud, supporting both B2C and B2B models on a single platform. Cloud business offers great power and savings, as well as the control and management required in the ultra-business market.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use tools: Leverage intuitive, easy-to-use tools to minimise business users' reliance on IT. Give your team increased efficiency to increase the impact of your digital sales channel strategy.
- On-site customer experience management: Give your non-technical team real-time control of the customer website experience with drag-and-drop tools that help them design, test, and upload applications without IT assistance.
- Central control: A powerful, intelligent, cloud-based e-commerce tool that allows non-users to manage content and search/SEO, product/SKU, pricing/promotion, inventory/catalogue, personalisation, and more through a single interface.
- Catalogue management: Use powerful catalogue management capabilities that give you complete control over your products, pricing, and inventory. Oracle Commerce gives business users complete control over their products using intelligent tools to simplify SKU management, related advertising, custom properties, and search.
- Change, rapid expansion: Expand your digital footprint by leveraging existing investments and other resources that can be used to launch new brands or product models, enter new markets, and explore new business models.
3. SAP Hybris Commerce
Although SAP has been targeting large companies, the company has launched various companies related to other sectors and all types of businesses. SAP Hybris is one of those suites that help provide SaaS tools for business and marketing needs.
- Online store capacities: With Hybris, you can say goodbye to the need for several e-commerce platforms for different types of products and services. Instead, you will now get the benefit of an omnichannel online platform that will integrate all your products and services on one platform and integrate with all the relevant online marketing platforms. Not only does this mean better customer satisfaction, but also single-channel marketing capabilities.
- Marketing is hard: One of the tools provided by the Hybris suite is the SAP marketing tool, and this may be one of the best parts of the suite. Powered by SAP HANA cloud enterprise, this tool can work like creating a modern customer profile and also bring better results for conducting targeted marketing campaigns. All companies that have adopted the e-marketing tool SAP Hybris have experienced a significant increase in their management level and customer appreciation.
- Promote B2C marketing: It is well known that cloud-based SAP user tools are successful in promoting B2B marketing but have not been successful for the B2C segment. However, Hybris positions itself to correct this imbalance. That's why this company primarily helps SMBs reach their potential when it comes to reaching their customers. But if a company can achieve good B2C standards, its B2B operations can improve immediately.
- Content administration: Or catalogue of products, transaction data or content for the company website; Hybris can be sure that there is the desired content of the necessary data. This may help with any business because it will bring the announcement that often knows the content. Content is organised as promotional content or customer information for easy recall when the time comes. maintains high privacy standards, keeping your business store in safe hands.
Fast onboarding: 95% of BigCommerce customers are set up in four months or less, with setup times 50% faster than most competitors.
- 24/7 Customer Support: You will get 24/7 support via email, live chat, and phone. You will also have access to urgent support from a highly skilled technical support agent, who can answer your call within 30 seconds.
- Built-in features: Unlike Shopify Plus which relies on apps, BigCommerce Enterprise offers everything you need to grow your business, saving you about $5,800-$30,000 per year in-app subscription fees compared to Shopify Plus. 99.98% uptime: BigCommerce will never let your website go down, even during the busiest hours. The platform will handle all upgrades and troubleshooting for you, without lifting a finger.
5. Adobe Commerce
Adobe Commerce is a self-hosted platform, which means you have complete creative freedom - as long as you know how to code!
- Integrations: Adobe Commerce offers incredible integration options, offering extensive creative control.
- Advanced Features: Adobe Commerce is for users with web development experience, offering complex and sophisticated eCommerce features. Large Developer Community: As an independent platform, there is no dedicated support team in Adobe Commerce. Instead, it has the largest community of developers in the e-commerce industry, providing support for your problems and answers to your questions.
6. Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Based on the cloud (i.e., based entirely on the Internet without any hardware), Salesforce Commerce Cloud is infinite. If you like the sound of great value on this platform, then Salesforce is for you:
- Salesforce Software: You can easily integrate your e-commerce store with Salesforce CRM (customer relationship management) software to create consistency across your business. Suitable for international brands: manage multiple stores from a single backend, while accepting different currencies and using different languages effectively in each store.
- Customer Support: Unlike Magento or WooCommerce, you can get full support 24/7, as the Marketing Cloud support team will take care of all the upgrade processes for your site.
7. Sitecore Commerce
Marketing is not just about counting money. There are also many mistakes in crime control that need to be identified. Hence, the platform used by the organisation can help you avoid these problems. From a valid tool, you can start your automatic links to different sections and more than your business status. Therefore, the main advantages of the integrated platform are:
- Get timely updates: Any manual modification of an existing system can be time-consuming and dangerous. However, it has become accessible on integrated e-commerce platforms. These platforms help in keeping financial records and storing the latest products. The need for timely updates is important in any e-commerce company. Many online transactions happen every day. So, having timely updates on these deals along with checking the right merchandise makes your customers interested in the deal.
- Improve customer experience: Customer satisfaction has become an important factor behind the success of all large businesses. Therefore, it is important to keep your customers clean. Satisfied customers will be an asset to your business, and the goal should be to increase those assets. Sitecore's integrated services can help your customers have a better experience and satisfaction. They are promised regular updates regarding stock availability, order tracking and pricing.
- Harness the power of data integration: Data is an essential aspect of the destiny of every company. You depend on the continuous use of data to make critical decisions for your business. However, to make strong and error-free decisions, you need to analyse various types of data such as customer data, financial data, product data, etc. As a result, connecting data can be a real solution to avoid such work and allow the opportunity to make reliable decisions.
What Are the Features of An E-Commerce Platform?
Corporate e-commerce platform plans come to the rescue when your e-commerce business takes a break. They allow you to remain competitive even in difficult times. Your business thrives on these features.
Your e-commerce business attracts users from all over the world. Greater reach drives more traffic to your store. This leads to an influx that can cause chaos, if not handled properly. Your business must be able to accommodate this high traffic and fulfil all orders on time. The online platform should be successful despite the increased workload.
Supports unlimited connections
Your new e-commerce business needs to handle big data, manage customer engagement, and expand visibility. It should also track performance and produce error-free reports. Along with the amount of multitasking required, it also needs to be flexible enough to integrate custom software to perform different tasks efficiently.
Features from leading enterprise e-commerce platforms provide powerful tools to support end-to-end management of key operations. They help in marketing through email, social media, and other channels. Your business can also store data in a unified interface with these solutions.
Consumers prefer personalised shopping because they get what they want quickly. According to Accenture, 91% of customers would prefer to stay with a company that customises their experience. Therefore, it is recommended to adjust your business according to customer preferences. This is a reliable way to increase the retention rate and increase the income from it. The right business solutions will help you implement the right processes to customise your customer experience.
Strong B2B features
The B2B circle is expanding every day with the friendliness it offers for B2B relationships. According to Forrester, this industry will reach $1.8 trillion by 2023. Because of this huge reach, corporate e-commerce platforms are creating a soft space for a better B2B experience. So, engaging in B2B business strategy will grow through business platforms.
Unique customer experience
Advanced customer inquiries are a part of the business as a whole. Answering them all is a daunting task. It increases the need for fast response times. With the help of enterprise solutions, businesses can easily overcome these problems.
It provides a strong backup which provides fast customer support. The support team can also retrieve detailed customer data and the right choice of e-commerce platform.
Strong technology systems help businesses build trust among their customers without the touch point.
Seamless mobile interface
Designing for mobile users is something businesses can't afford to miss these days. More importantly, for companies seeking growth, customer expectations must increase. Mobile apps and PWAs can meet this growing expectation.
They make it easy for businesses to work on all devices such as mobiles, tablets, and computers. Both types of mobile apps are progressive and flexible according to the changing trends.
Cloud services are powerful
Enterprise e-commerce platforms are popular for their cloud-based approach. They are common among marketers because they are easy to access data from anywhere and at any time. The cloud-based functionality of these solutions enables companies to synchronise data across multiple channels without any reliance on infrastructure. Hence, they help businesses make data-driven decisions.
The Final Word
There is no one best e-commerce strategy for all businesses. If so, you wouldn't be reading this. When it comes to the "right" corporate e-commerce solution, your answer depends on your specific business needs, what the software can handle, and how it integrates with your other processes.
E-commerce sellers want to offer valuable products to help you succeed in your online store, but no e-commerce strategy is perfect for everyone. When choosing an online store, consider your budget, cost of ownership, other links you need, and the features you like best. The best e-commerce solution is one that covers your needs and can continue to grow as you grow.
Subscribe To Us
- Creative & Branding
- Design UX
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Newsletter
- Ecommerce Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion E-Commerce
- High End Web Design
- Luxury Brands
- Luxury Web Design
- Marketing During a Crisis
- Mobile Apps
- New Projects
- Press Release
- Social Media
- UX Design
- Web Design And Branding
- Web Design London
- Website Launch