A Whole New E-commerce World – Alibaba and the forty others [Infographic]
Until 15 years ago, Ali Baba was just another fictional story for children.
But everything is changing. Today, it is no longer a fairy tale.
Alibaba – a China’s giant e-commerce platform, is now trading more things online than eBay and Amazon together. And its estimated value is now US$ 170 billion, according to Business Insider.
China’s e-commerce market will eventually surpass that of U.S., Britain, Japan, German and France all combined by 2020, says KPMG (see Reuters).
A new e-commerce world e-commerce tells a different story. In the next 5 years, things will not be exactly the same from today. And your business will need to adapt to the new trends.
And if you don’t start making a change now, you are most likely to find yourself lagging behind your competitors.
- Long story short, e-commerce is booming in India and China.
- The competition will be fierce, as the rest of e-commerce markets will slow down.
- Successful retails go global AND mobile.
- Apps with e-commerce features are growing fast in Asia. Like Korean Couple Apps and Flea Market App. Standard e-commerce apps will need a bit of a twist to really stand out from the crowd.
- Social and e-commerce will be even more integrated. And content marketing will remain as a strong tool to push it forward.
What do you think?