11 Creative Social Media Post Ideas and Examples for Business
Did you know that 19 per cent of small companies struggle to increase their engagement and grow more followers on social media?
Furthermore, almost every 2 in 3 business owners and managers are unsure or disagree that social media marketing has been successful for their business.
The trouble is that a lot of business owners do not know how to use social media effectively. With competition fierce and consumers hard to reach, creativity is key.
With that being said, let’s take a look at some creative social media post ideas for business so that you can take your online presence to the next level.
The importance of social media platforms
Research shows that almost 60 per cent of the world use social media. Research shows that Instagram has more than one billion monthly users, Facebook has almost 3 billion active monthly users, and Twitter has just under half a million monthly users.
These statistics alone show why developing a social commerce strategy is imperative. If you don’t, you’re going to be missing out on a huge opportunity to connect with new customers.
What is a creative social media post?
A creative social media post is any type of post a brand shares on their social media platforms to reach their target audience. These posts need to have the right mixture of tone, style, message to craft successful posts that have the ability to go viral.
Benefits of creative social media posts
- Creative social media posts set your business apart from the crowd.
- They help you to connect with followers in a meaningful manner, creating a loyal consumer base.
- Social media marketing also feeds your SEO efforts, helping you to achieve greater visibility online.
- By encouraging others to post about your business on social media, it’ll help you to boost your online social proof.
11 Types of creative social media post ideas
So, how do I make my social media posts creative? Read on to discover some ideas and suggestions:
- Go live - We’re noticing that more and more brands are going live today. This is a great way of directly engaging with your viewers. From discussions and webinars to unboxing products and doing demos, there are many different types of live streams you can host on social media.
- Announcements and teasers to give people a sneak peek - Give everyone a taste of what is to come and drum up interest by making teaser announcements on your social media pages.
- Enable customers to get to know you better with Q&As - Let your audience have more information about your business. This enables people to get closer to your business than ever before, creating a sense of loyalty and connection.
- Do a challenge - Social media challenges are perfect for going viral, as they get everyone involved. You don’t have to dare your followers to do something crazy. In fact, it’s better to choose something fun and achievable so that you get as many people as possible involved.
- Use surveys and polls to get your audience’s opinion - Show your customers that you value their opinion and gather helpful data by running polls and surveys on your social media accounts.
- Run a periodic series - You may have seen creators creating content in a series. This can be on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis. The choice is yours. The idea here is that people will keep coming back for more.
- Create an interactive calculator - Interactive calculators are useful and creative. They help brands reach more people and boost engagement. Your post should begin by addressing a customer issue and then presenting a calculator that is the perfect tool for this issue.
- Make people laugh - Make your followers laugh with memes and jokes. When humor is done properly on social media, it can work a treat. However, you do need to make sure you don’t post anything inappropriate and your posts are inkeeping with your brand.
- Use infographics to draw people’s attention - Visual content is always more effective at drawing attention. An infographic is a great way of conveying important data in a manner that is enjoyable and easy to digest. These posts are also highly sharable.
- Run a giveaway or a contest - Giveaway and contests are effective because people love the opportunity to get something for free! Also, these sorts of posts bring in heaps of exposure because once someone shares the post on their page, others will be encouraged to share the competition post as well.
- Use quizzes to test your audience - Whether or not this is right for you will depend on your demographic. However, quizzes are great for engaging with your audience. Plus, a lot of people like to share the results across social media!
Tools to publish creative social media posts
You can use social media management tools to schedule and publish your content. Some of the best are as follows:
- Post Planner – This is an all-in-one social media app that helps you to boost engagement levels. You can manage and automate publishing calendars for different social media platforms.
- Planable – If you’re looking for a free social media management tool, you’ll struggle to find better than this one. There are also paid plans available too. You can plan, review, and schedule six times faster with Planable.
- Airtable – Airtable is more of a workflow organisation tool, so it’s not only for social media. You can use it to create a social media content calendar that takes your business to the next level.
- Feedly – Feedly is a great tool to have in your locker because you can track insights across the World Wide Web without needing to read anything for yourself, meaning you can track effectively across social media. Meaningful insights will be flagged for your attention.
- CoSchedule – Next, we have CoSchedule, which is a top-level marketing calendar tool. This helps you to stay focused, unite your team, and ensure all social media projects are delivered on-time.
- Sprout Social – Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management tool. You’ll get all of the features you need to take your social media marketing efforts to new heights. Try out the free trial or request a demo to see if this is right for you.
Creative social media post examples
Let’s end by taking a look at some brands that have mastered social media:
In a recent OREO campaign, they asked their followers to choose their favourite flavour aside from the original. Fun and easy to answer; these questions are perfect for social media.
Today’s consumers connect with brands that have good ethics and are committed to a sustainable future. IKEA is a prime example of this, and they displayed this perfectly with their social media efforts.
3. The Clay Creative Co
Giveaways provide brands with an excellent way of reaching more people, increasing exposure, and boosting their follower count. See The Clay Creative Co’s post for inspiration:
Creative social media post ideas for business
So there you have it: some of the creative social media post ideas for business that you can use to take your company to the next level. No matter which examples you decide upon, make sure that your tone is consistent and that your personality shines through.
Subscribe To Us
- Creative & Branding
- Design UX
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Newsletter
- Ecommerce Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion E-Commerce
- High End Web Design
- Luxury Brands
- Luxury Web Design
- Marketing During a Crisis
- Mobile Apps
- New Projects
- Press Release
- Social Media
- UX Design
- Web Design And Branding
- Web Design London
- Website Launch