TikTok Analytics Guide: How To Optimise Your Brand's Success
In 2021, TikTok celebrated a significant milestone, as it reached one billion active users. The news was announced in a press release in September.
One of the main reasons why TikTok has grown so rapidly is due to its increasing allure amongst Millennials and Gen Z, who make up 80 per cent of its user base. These generations got hooked on the social media app in 2020 when the daily usage soared by 41 per cent. However, they are using it even more today while they go about their day-to-day activities.
When you consider these stats, it is clear to see that you can reach a huge audience on TikTok. Despite this, not everyone does!
TikTok analytics can help you to achieve more success on the platform because you can understand how TikTok is being used by your followers. You can measure weekly and monthly growth, view insightful data about who watches your videos, discover total video playtime, and much more. You can then use this to make intelligent decisions that drive your brand’s TikTok efforts forward.
How to access TikTok Analytics
One question a lot of people have is how do you measure success on TikTok? This is where TikTok Analytics comes in. But where do you find this section on TikTok?
Accessing TikTok Analytics on your desktop
- Log into your TikTok account
- In the top right, hover over your profile picture
- Select ‘View Analytics’
Accessing TikTok Analytics on your mobile
- Head to your profile
- In the top right-hand corner, open the settings and privacy tab
- Select the ‘Creator Tools’ tab, which is under the ‘Account’ section
- From here, choose ‘Analytics’
The different sections of TikTok Analytics
Analytics are divided into four categories on TikTok: Overview, Content, Followers, and LIVE. Let’s take a look at each:
The ‘Overview’ tab enables you to view analytics from the last week, month, two months, or your chosen custom date range. Do you want to know how your account performed when you participated in the latest TikTok dance trend as part of your summer campaign? This is the section you need. You can zone in on analytics over a specific period of time to get a better understanding.
This tab displays which of your TikTok videos have been the most popular within a specified time range. For example, you could discover your most popular video throughout July 2022 specifically. You will be able to learn lots of important pieces of information about each post, including the number of shares, comments, likes, and views you have received.
The “Follower” section gives you information about your followers, including what part of the world they come from, their gender, and much more. This will enable you to better understand your audience so you can adapt your marketing efforts accordingly.
This tab gives you insights regarding any live videos you have hosted in the past seven or 28 days. These analytics include how many Diamonds you have earned, how much time you have spent live, and your follower count.
How marketers can leverage TikTok Analytics to grow their brand
Now that you have a better understanding of what TikTok Analytics is and how it works, let’s discuss how you can use this to your advantage.
TikTok Analytics gives you the insights you need to expand your brand’s following. With every video you share, you can take a look at the analytics to determine whether or not it is performing as you anticipated. If it is not, you can make changes to your content strategy so that you keep moving forward.
By reviewing TikTok Analytics, you can grow your brand in the following ways:
- Find out whether your efforts are working - One of the best ways to use TikTok Analytics is to find out whether or not you are having success on the platform. How did your campaigns perform? What sort of videos do people enjoy? Do changes need to be made?
- Discover who your potential influencers are - TikTok Analytics enables you to find out more about the sort of people that follow you on the platform. Armed with this information, you can determine which influencers to target for collaborations.
- Learn about follower engagement - Find out which sort of posts result in the most comments and likes. You will discover what type of content is best in terms of engagement so that you can focus on more of these sorts of posts in the future.
- Discover the best times to post - Is it better to post on a Tuesday or a Saturday? Do your posts in the morning perform better than evening posts? TikTok Analytics will tell you everything you need to know.
- Come up with new content topics and ideas - By understanding the past performance of your posts, you will know what sort of content people enjoy the most so that you can focus on it in the future.
Take your TikTok efforts to new heights with TikTok Analytics
As you can see, TikTok Analytics provides you with unique insights into your performance on TikTok. You can get a better understanding of your overall performance, your followers, the performance of specific posts, and how your figures look over a specified period of time.
This gives you the power to really understand your TikTok marketing efforts so that you can enhance and refine your strategy effectively. After all, you will never be able to move forward if you do not understand how you are performing at present, right?
Subscribe To Us
- Creative & Branding
- Design UX
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Newsletter
- Ecommerce Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion E-Commerce
- High End Web Design
- Luxury Brands
- Luxury Web Design
- Marketing During a Crisis
- Mobile Apps
- New Projects
- Press Release
- Social Media
- UX Design
- Web Design And Branding
- Web Design London
- Website Launch